Travel with our family as we learn about, live amongst and embrace the people, culture and country of Hungary.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

We are here!

Our family arrived safely in Papa, Hungary. We're staying at the Hotel Villa Classica

I'm a bit tired but will try to give some of my first impressions. I will have the girls write some tomorrow.

First impressions:
- colorful buildings...old and quaint
- really nice people
- flat land going to some rolling hills...looks like it will be beautiful in the spring
- enjoy taking our dog Jake on his potty walk around the downtown rather than our neighborhood in Charleston, SC...much more to see....yes, I brought a poop bag with me
- food is good so far, Rebecca and I especially like the sparkling water or water with gas as they refer to it
- weather is cold and overcast but no snow...looking forward to the snow
- Americans here have been wonderful! We have already had one friend, Kellie, bring over some breakfast food for us and another, Lisa and Corey, chat for awhile and show us a great restaurant, with more invites to come and visit in the future,,,wonderful welcome
- kids are enjoying it though hopefully we will get a house soon since they are already antsy to get out of the hotel
- need to learn some Hungarian

There is much more but I'm off to bed! Will post some pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment